05 12 / 2012
I unfucked my habitat today. Sort of. A little bit. It’s cleaner at least. This is mainly for UfYH so, everyone else, beware the horrible Before pictures.
Between constantly working a tiring job and only having a day off a week, I let my apartment get out of control. Here are the before pictures.
Crafts and decorations left completely all over the place for the past week.
Didn’t have time for cleaning but totally found time for wine. More decorations and crafts.
Yikes. Don’t let my mother see this.
Having a messy kitchen just made me not want to cook and led to lots of eating out.
After two 30/10s with me in the living room and my boyfriend/housemate in the kitchen these were our results.
Turns out, under all the clothing is actually carpeting. Weird! I didn’t get to my luggage peeking out behind the couch but I vacuumed, so I’m completely okay with that.
The dishes would have been finished but we ran out of dishsoap.
I tried for years to do the flylady thing but the vaguely christian housewife, taking care of your husband and kids thing just threw me off. Besides, this has swearing and flexible time challenges, which I like. Because a 30/10 is just better for cleaning and a quick smoke break.
I’m hoping to be able to do 15 minutes of cleaning on days I work doubles and then a half hour to full hour on days I have off. I think the 15 will help maintain cleanness and the 30-60 minutes can be used for going through boxes and deeper cleaning projects.
- blissfulle likes this
- lorinsv likes this
- stuff4me2thinkabout2fix reblogged this from unfuckyourhabitat
- anotherdamndragon likes this
- golf-princess likes this
- unfuckify likes this
- utterlyfubar likes this
- stewardish likes this
- tenthousandnails likes this
- cosmosogler likes this
- leslapinscretins likes this
- peekadora likes this
- xibalbadance said: Wooooooooo!!! Good job! I’m on Day 3 of cleanliness, and I know how you feel! It’s very refreshing to see a cleaner habitat. What I’ve done is revisit places that started as piles and cleaned before I start a project so they stay clean! Get it!
- lynnietoes likes this
- unfuckyourhabitat reblogged this from temperandblood
- temperandblood posted this